Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Massage Helped A LITTLE















I didn't do much today other than visit the ENT for post-operative surgery.  I was home and all of sudden my ears started hurting me.  It is not easy at all getting people to believe the pain in my ear is really severe.  Most of the time it ends up being a horrible migraine, which doesn't go away until the next day. 

I found a really informative website to help novices understand hearing test.  If you   Please click on Demystifying Hearing Test and if you scroll down to #7 you will see what my audiologist and I struggle with when programming my hearing aids.

Today I decided to do something a little bit different.  Instead of going upstairs and crying until the next morning I tried a 30 minute deep tissue massage.  I got some relief.  I am not 100 percent out of pain lane but got some relief.

Has anyone ever tried acupuncture before?  What is it like?

4 comments:

Cindy Dixon said...

Was the massage concentrated around your neck and shoulders?

Professor Jeff said...

Yes, I had her just work on my neck, shoulders, and upper back. It helped a little.

erinrae said...

I totally recommend acupuncture for pain issues. It will hurt. but it not that bad. you go in, and lay on the table. talk about things- they will ask you weird questions- answer those questions. they are asking for a reason even if it doesnt make since to you. they will put needles in in an odd number of places. Then leave you there for 20 min. or so to relax. The dr. will come back, wiggle the needles a little bit [this hurts the most [especially the one in your hands]] let them sit another 10 min, then come and remove them.

I've had acupuncture make bone bruising stop hurting. Sometimes it does take several trips, to help.

Anonymous said...

i tried accupunture. if you move a muscle it stings. they left me in there an hour. i was trying it for relaxation. maybe ok for pain if you can lay on your back for an hour and not move..