Monday, July 30, 2012

Different Shades of Color

Shades of Color
















I spent a lot of time today looking outside my window and just thinking about life; what is going on with my hearing, how my family feels about all this mess I am going through, and even wondering what is the next chapter of my life.

BUT . . . . . Then something caught my attention.

COLORS!  It's as though God took my attention away from myself and on to what He created - colors.  Different kinds of colors.

We see life through our experiences, our temperament, and what we are told.  We have different skills, talents, and genes.  I don't want to get too much into the science of it but we view things differently than one another.  I belong to some "deaf/hard of hearing" groups online and even in that group we see things differently.  What I am trying to say is, the color of a tree isn't just brown and green.   I see different shades of browns and greens - you just have to sit still for a few moments and look. 

Try it!  Sit still for a moment and look at all the different shades of colors.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you the lucky one to SEE this?!

Professor Jeff said...

I wouldn't consider myself lucky but maybe trying to use my other gifts and talents to appreciate what I do have.