Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hello. May I Take Your Order?










I was starving after seeing the audiologist today and had to make a quick stop to get something.  I drove up and went through the drive-thru because I didn't want to go inside and had to get home to watch the kids.  I was just sitting their waiting to tell the person my order and then it hit me . . .

I CAN'T HEAR THEM.

It turned out they were asking me for my order a few times.  I ended up going inside and explained I am deaf just wasn't thinking much about my ears and hearing with them.  .

Habits can build you up or tear you down.  Bad habits are easy to find and learn and when you want to break them it takes forever.  Good habits are like diamonds you have to polish them daily.

My habit today was thinking I could hear with my ears again while going through drive-thru.  But you know what, given this week is Deaf Awareness Week,  I was able to use this experience to share that not all hear the same way but we all hear one way or another.


2 comments:

Cindy Dixon said...

I remember when I used to be able to use the drive-thru with no problems. If I use it by myself, I repeat my order if they say something, then I just go to the window and explain that I'm HOH. Usually works out okay.

Anonymous said...

It's better to go inside 'cause you save more gas that way, rather than idling in the drive-thru. The environment thanks you!