Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Let's Talk About Blood
















I am not a doctor so don't send me questions related to health but I have taken a few semesters of Human Anatomy and Physiology so I understand this chart.  The most important this is go get your number checked.  You can go to several places and get it checked:

1.  Go to Walgreens, Walmart, or pharmacy and ask the pharmacist to take your blood pressure.
2.  If you are in the green - good for you and thank your lucky stars
3.  If you are another color than you best get to the gym and speak to physician to help you get green.
4.  If you remain in remain in another color other than green for a long period of time you can have some serious consequencies.

Yep!  In the past few months I have seen my blood pressure go as high as 170/100.  I finally got it down to "Prehypertension".   Did you know tinnitus can increase your high blood pressure? You can find the article here from MayoClinic (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tinnitus/DS00365/DSECTION=causes).  I have been working out at the gym almost 3 or 4 days out of the week to get my blood pressure down to green.  I am almost there.  The last time I took it was 124/82.  The number you want to be careful of is the Diastolic (2nd number).  


So what is your number?

No comments: